Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A fun and tasty twist on the traditional dish.
|1 1/2 pounds ground beef|
|2 large poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips|
|1 cup onion, finely chopped|
|1 cup soft bread crumbs|
|1 large egg|
|1 large chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup Chihuahua cheese, Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend, shredded|
|3 tablespoons adobo sauce|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, egg, chipotle pepper, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide beef mixture in half. Shape each half into 8 x 4-inch loaf. Place 1 loaf on rack in broiler pan. Arrange half of the poblano pepper strips lengthwise over loaf, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge. Sprinkle cheese over peppers; top with remaining peppers. Place remaining loaf on top; press edges of loaves together to seal, reshaping loaf if necessary. Brush adobo sauce over top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake in 350°F oven 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >