Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Perfectly seasoned and marianted barbecue.
|6 tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|2 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/3 cup shallot, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced, peeled|
|1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|3 cups chicken, pork or beef, (cooked, pulled, your preference)|
|1 cup Asian barbecue sauce|
- Stir together all the ingredients except the sugar in a bowl.
- Cook sugar in a dry heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Tilt the pan and carefully pour in the hoisin mixture (caramel will harden and steam vigorously).
- Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the caramel is dissolved and the sauce is thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Mix together the meat and sauce and warm in a skillet.
- Serve on slider rolls, sliced baguette or by itself.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >