Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Perfectly seasoned and marianted barbecue.
|6 tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|2 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/3 cup shallot, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced, peeled|
|1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|3 cups chicken, pork or beef, (cooked, pulled, your preference)|
|1 cup Asian barbecue sauce|
- Stir together all the ingredients except the sugar in a bowl.
- Cook sugar in a dry heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Tilt the pan and carefully pour in the hoisin mixture (caramel will harden and steam vigorously).
- Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the caramel is dissolved and the sauce is thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Mix together the meat and sauce and warm in a skillet.
- Serve on slider rolls, sliced baguette or by itself.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >