Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Black Bean Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Thick, rich and easy to make!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|3 tablespoons carrot, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, diced|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups vegetable broth|
|1 cup water|
|green onions, sliced|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper; cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper; stir and saute 3 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly before processing in blender.
- Serve with sliced green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >