Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Lime Quinoa Salad with Mint [Seaside]
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this healthy and flavorful salad any time!
|1 cup dry quinoa|
|2 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2 fresh mint sprigs, leaves removed and chopped|
|2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves or parsley, chopped|
|Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste|
|1 handful sweet and ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered|
|2 tablespoons red onion, diced|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
- Cook the dry quinoa as you would raw rice: in 2 and 1/2 cups fresh salted water, bring to boil then simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent and fluffy (about 20 minutes).
- Scoop the cooked quinoa into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, tossing lightly with a fork until combined. Taste test and adjust seasonings.
- Cover and chill. The longer, the better. In fact, I think this salad tastes better the second day, so plan ahead and make it the day before.
|Nutrition:||Christa's Healthy Recipe|
|Main Ingredient:||Quinoa, Grains|
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >