Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Lime Quinoa Salad with Mint [Seaside]
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this healthy and flavorful salad any time!
|1 cup dry quinoa|
|2 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2 fresh mint sprigs, leaves removed and chopped|
|2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves or parsley, chopped|
|Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste|
|1 handful sweet and ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered|
|2 tablespoons red onion, diced|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
- Cook the dry quinoa as you would raw rice: in 2 and 1/2 cups fresh salted water, bring to boil then simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent and fluffy (about 20 minutes).
- Scoop the cooked quinoa into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, tossing lightly with a fork until combined. Taste test and adjust seasonings.
- Cover and chill. The longer, the better. In fact, I think this salad tastes better the second day, so plan ahead and make it the day before.
|Nutrition:||Christa's Healthy Recipe|
|Main Ingredient:||Quinoa, Grains|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >