Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Classic Barbecue Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Makes 2 1/2 cups |
A delicious homemade barbecue sauce.
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 cups ketchup|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup cider vinegar|
|1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce|
- Warm the oil in a saucepan that is set over medium heat.
- Add onion to saucepan; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to saucepan; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ketchup, chili powder, cayenne, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to saucepan; bring ingredients to a slow simmer and cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >