Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Classic Barbecue Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Makes 2 1/2 cups |
A delicious homemade barbecue sauce.
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 cups ketchup|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup cider vinegar|
|1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce|
- Warm the oil in a saucepan that is set over medium heat.
- Add onion to saucepan; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to saucepan; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ketchup, chili powder, cayenne, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to saucepan; bring ingredients to a slow simmer and cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >