Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This dish will bring you back to your childhood.
|6 slices bacon, (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)|
|1 yellow onion, (diced)|
|4 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|2 lbs ground beef|
|6 oz. tomato paste|
|1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, (plus more for serving)|
|1 cup milk|
|Kosher salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|1 lb spaghetti noodles, (cooked, water reserved)|
- Using the stovetop-safe insert from a slow cooker, cook the bacon for 7 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat until crisp. Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add onion; cook for 5 to 7 minutes until tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Add and stir in tomato paste, 1/3 cup cheese and milk. Season mixture with salt and then place insert into slow cooker base.
- Cover slow cooker, turn to low, and cook ingredients for about 4 hours until sauce thickens. Skim fat from the top of the sauce. Adjust seasonings with salt and black pepper.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the sauce as well as enough of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce; stir to combine.
- Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >