Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This dish will bring you back to your childhood.
|6 slices bacon, (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)|
|1 yellow onion, (diced)|
|4 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|2 lbs ground beef|
|6 oz. tomato paste|
|1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, (plus more for serving)|
|1 cup milk|
|Kosher salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|1 lb spaghetti noodles, (cooked, water reserved)|
- Using the stovetop-safe insert from a slow cooker, cook the bacon for 7 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat until crisp. Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add onion; cook for 5 to 7 minutes until tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Add and stir in tomato paste, 1/3 cup cheese and milk. Season mixture with salt and then place insert into slow cooker base.
- Cover slow cooker, turn to low, and cook ingredients for about 4 hours until sauce thickens. Skim fat from the top of the sauce. Adjust seasonings with salt and black pepper.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the sauce as well as enough of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce; stir to combine.
- Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >