Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 Cups |
Fresh, Flavorful and Fantastic!
|8 red bell peppers|
|1 bay leaf|
|5 black peppercorns|
|2 thyme sprigs|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|1 large onion, diced|
|1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced|
|4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth|
|3 tablespoons white wine vinegar|
|1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
|black pepper, Freshly ground|
|fresh chives, for garnish, Chopped|
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; remove membranes and seeds. Set pepper halves, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Press down on pepper halves to flatten them. Broil until blackened, about 15 minutes. Place blackened pepper halves into a zip-top plastic bag; seal shut. Let rest for 15 minutes. Peel skins off of pepper halves. Chop peppers.
- Set bay leaf, peppercorns and thyme on a double layer cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together and tie securely.
- Set a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Heat oil. Add onion to Dutch oven; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add garlic to Dutch oven; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bell peppers, cheesecloth bag, broth, vinegar and hot pepper sauce to Dutch oven; bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to simmering, cover Dutch oven and cook ingredients for 20 minutes. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the middle piece from the lid of a blender to allow steam to escape. Place half of the soup mixture into blender. Hold lid down and cover opening in lid with a cloth. Blend ingredients until smooth. Pour soup into a large bowl. Repeat with remaining bell pepper mixture.
- Garnish with chives before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >