Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A healthy, full flavored dish that's always a crowd pleaser.
|1/2 cup tahini, (more for taste)|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|Salt, to taste|
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped|
|1/2 cup black olives|
|Pita chips, (for dipping)|
- Prick the eggplant with a fork in several places and place on a grill or over the direct flame of a gas burner. Cook, turning frequently, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh just begins to feel soft. Transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and peel off and discard the skin.
- Place the eggplant flesh in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the eggplant to a paste. Add the tahini, the garlic, the lemon juice and the cumin and mix well. Season with salt, then taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if needed. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and spread with the back of a spoon to form a shallow well.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top and sprinkle with the parsley. Place the olives around the sides. Serve at room temperature with pita bread or pita chips.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >