Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
After one bite, you won't believe it's low fat!
|12 oz fettuccine|
|1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and sliced|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 cups skim milk|
|1 tablespoon flour|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, add more for personal serving|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- While pasta cooks, bring a separate pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Heat butter and milk in a large saucepan that is set over low heat. Gradually add flour, whisking constantly. Simmer and whisk constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add broccoli and pasta to saucepan. Set saucepan over low heat and cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve additional Parmesan with fettuccine.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >