Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Try this amazing full-flavored pasta dish tonight!
|16 oz. penne pasta|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 carrot, (finely chopped)|
|2 anchovy fillets|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|2 tablespoons capers, (drained)|
|1/4 cup Greek olives, (pitted,chopped)|
|5 garlic cloves, (minced)|
|2 teaspoons fennel seed, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons oregano, (dried)|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons thyme, (dried)|
|1 can tomatoes, (diced, undrained)|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|6 basil leaves, (fresh,thinly sliced)|
|Parmesan cheese, (for garnish)|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a Dutch oven and then add carrot and anchovy fillets; sauté until carrot is tender. Add sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olives, garlic, fennel, oregano, red pepper flakes and thyme to Dutch oven; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add drained pasta and basil to Dutch oven; toss to coat. Sprinkle pasta with cheese.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >