Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Try this amazing full-flavored pasta dish tonight!
|16 oz. penne pasta|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 carrot, (finely chopped)|
|2 anchovy fillets|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|2 tablespoons capers, (drained)|
|1/4 cup Greek olives, (pitted,chopped)|
|5 garlic cloves, (minced)|
|2 teaspoons fennel seed, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons oregano, (dried)|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons thyme, (dried)|
|1 can tomatoes, (diced, undrained)|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|6 basil leaves, (fresh,thinly sliced)|
|Parmesan cheese, (for garnish)|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a Dutch oven and then add carrot and anchovy fillets; sauté until carrot is tender. Add sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olives, garlic, fennel, oregano, red pepper flakes and thyme to Dutch oven; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add drained pasta and basil to Dutch oven; toss to coat. Sprinkle pasta with cheese.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >