Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Steak au Poivre
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
Steak and chocolate sauce? Oh, yeah!
|2 beef tenderloin steaks|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot|
|1/4 cup port wine|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup condensed beef consommé, undiluted|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary|
|1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped|
- Brush steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and then salt and pepper steaks.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet set over medium heat. Add steaks to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness (using thermometer, 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, and 170 degrees for well-done). Remove steaks from skillet, and keep steaks warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet you cooked the steaks in, and saute shallot until tender. Add wine and vinegar to skillet; stir to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring wine-vinegar mixture to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Add beef consommé and rosemary to skillet; bring to a boil. Add chocolate; stir and cook until sauce is thickened and chocolate is melted.
- Serve sauce with steaks.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >