Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Steak au Poivre
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
Steak and chocolate sauce? Oh, yeah!
|2 beef tenderloin steaks|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot|
|1/4 cup port wine|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup condensed beef consommé, undiluted|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary|
|1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped|
- Brush steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and then salt and pepper steaks.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet set over medium heat. Add steaks to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness (using thermometer, 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, and 170 degrees for well-done). Remove steaks from skillet, and keep steaks warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet you cooked the steaks in, and saute shallot until tender. Add wine and vinegar to skillet; stir to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring wine-vinegar mixture to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Add beef consommé and rosemary to skillet; bring to a boil. Add chocolate; stir and cook until sauce is thickened and chocolate is melted.
- Serve sauce with steaks.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >