Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Beef Pot Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 to 10 |
Saucy and oh so savory!
|4 lb. beef bottom round roast|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons cumin, ground|
|16 oz. thick-and-chunky salsa|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 1/2 cups frozen corn, optional|
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Press cumin evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Place roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Season roast with salt and pepper; add salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in beans and corn, if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with bean mixture.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >