Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Slow cooked and perfectly tasty!
|2 lb. beef for stew, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried and crushed|
|3/4 cup beef broth|
|1/4 cup tomato paste|
|1/4 cup dry red wine|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 lb. red-skinned potatoes, cut into quarters|
|8 oz. assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini and oyster, cut into quarters|
|1 cup baby carrots|
|fresh parsley, optional|
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in small bowl. Place beef in 4.5 to 5.5 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Add to beef. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots; mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Stir well before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >