Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken and Rice Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Easy, nutritious and tasty!
|4 chicken breasts|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|black pepper, to taste|
|2 tablspoons unsalted butter|
|2 stalks celery, trimmed and diced|
|2 leeks, light green and white part only, diced|
|2 carrots, diced|
|10 flat-leaf parsley sprigs|
|3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped|
|3 sprigs fresh thyme|
|1 bay leaf|
|6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium|
|1/3 cup converted long grain rice, cooked|
- Season the chicken with the 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the chicken, and saute until well browned, about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove meat from the pan and pour off any fat left in the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add the remaining butter. Add the celery, leeks, and carrots, saute for 10 minutes.
- Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme and bay leaf with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the pot along with the chicken and broth. Bring the soup to a boil, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and herb bundle. Skim any excess fat from the surface of the soup with a spoon or a ladle. When the chicken is cool enough to handle remove the meat from the bones and cut into 1" chunks; add the meat to the soup along with the rice. Cook until the meat and rice are heated through.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and chopped parsley. Divide the soup among warm bowls and serve.
|Course:||Soup, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >