Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet & Tangy Sloppy Joes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A delicious step up from classic sloppy joes.
|1 lb. lean ground beef|
|1 bell pepper, chopped|
|3/4 cup finely chopped onion|
|12 oz. vegetable juice|
|3 tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|4 hamburger buns|
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vegetable juice, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7-9 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly place beef mixture on bottom half of each bun, place top bun on meat to complete the sandwich.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >