Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 portabella mushrooms (or 6 baby portabella mushrooms)|
|1 shallot, diced|
|1/4 cup red pepper, diced|
|1/4 cup zucchini, diced|
|2 cup baby spinach, stems removed|
|1 garlic clove, smashed|
|2 Tbsp. flax seed meal|
|1 Tbsp. olive oil|
|1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 Roma tomato, sliced|
|1 oz. mozzarella cheese|
|2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, shredded|
- Using a spoon, remove the stems and gills from the mushrooms, which are the dark ridges on the underside of the mushroom. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a skillet set over a medium flame. Add the shallot, red pepper, zucchini and saute for 1 minute. Add the cleaned and trimmed spinach and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of each mushroom with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet pan. Place in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes just to heat the mushrooms. Rub each mushroom with the smashed garlic. Sprinkle with the flax seed meal.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the two mushrooms, then top with tomato and cheese. Bake for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Drizzle vinegar over cooked mushrooms before serving.
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >